André lives in Moita, Portugal and has been a dedicated Bardon practitioner for twenty-one years now.
He joined Fraternitas Hermetica (an order based on the works of Bardon) while still a minor and had an initiator that stood even after the order vanished. He also has worked with his old initiator for 20 years. He has experience of other magical systems such as AMORC, Order of Michael’s Grail (with roots on Dion Fortune), Thelemic Golden Dawn and Astrum Argentum.
André teaches neo-shamanism and has his own active group of practitioners. Aside from his shamanic path, which he puts to use as a simple way to reach the uninitiated, he has been through the hermetic magical systems of Franz Bardon, as well as through systems presented by Rosicrucian orders and Thelemic organizations, still being an active member of the Horus Maat Lodge. He also is teaching a full magical online study curriculum taking students from beginner to adepthood on The Perseus Arcane Academy.
Aside from his magical path, Andre is an accomplished author, poet, playwright, musician and founder of a Theater Company – CIA.Mefisteatro.
Also a published author a number of occult writings notably:
- Poesis collection, Minerva publishing.
- Project Prometheus, illustrations by Alice Basílio, 2007.
- At The Moonshore, Corpos Editora and World Art Friends, a collection of poems inspired by lunar influences, 2008.
- ‘The Mouth of the Night, by Abismo Humano, 2012. A collection of short stories with the adventures of a man who is climbing a mountain in order to marry a star.
- Gem of Silence and Iomik & The Emerald Woman, Melting Books publishing 2018. A fictional title connected to the works of Paracelsus,
- Wax Throne and Fairy Lap, A poetry book, 2018 ( including photographic works of Eunice Correia), belonging to City Hall of Moita.
- Silver Star: A Journal of New Magic. Horus Maat Lodge, 2019.
- The Path to IPSOS Vol I. Sirus Limited Esoterica 2020.
- His work was accepted at The Worlds of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror, an anthology curated by Robert N Stephenson, presenting a story of a librarian who evokes a gnome to heal depression in exchange for something yet beyond the librarian’s comprehension.
- He participates in magazines such as Silver Star – A Journal of New Magick and, SilkMilk and in the Portuguese magazine Abismo Humano as well as in the Brazilian magazine Mallarmargens, where he began to publish his translations, debuting with T. S. Elliot.
- Through the Soul Mirror to the Sphere of the Sun, Falcon Books Publishing, 2022.
In 2010 he formed a therapy program through creative writing and shamanistic performance and this started his career as a performer, using poems unique to the performances and often inviting other artists, from performers to dancers and musicians. In parallel he began working with music, working on a variety of projects, solo and collective, and created his first play Língua de Fogo, (Tongue of Fire) featuring the dancer, Soraya Moon. In 2017 he released A Summer In Our Mouths, a semi auto-biographical fiction where the life of the character is seen from the lens of the Sun.
In 2018 he founded his own Theater Company of CIA. Mefisteatro, with Eunice Correia – debuts with the kabbalistic play, Twilight Circus. As a playwright, he wrote the following plays and music for Rumpelstiltskin, Three Strange Stories and the ritual play, Sapho’s Bone.
In addition to his Neoplatonic approach to poetry, fiction, music and theatre, he has been a member of various magical orders and has written nonfiction articles to their archives, finally being published by Sirius Limited Esoterica with The Way of Abrahadabra, where he intended to strip the formula from the folk rituals of Thelema and its most religious and popular aspects, presenting it and elaborating it instead through hermetic methods.
André Consciência is also president at 3 cultural associations and was the content writer and the ghostwriter at Fractal Mind Lda, a revolutionary company of Gamification working for a better world.